Sunday 10 February 2019

2019 Here I go again



Ruby as you can see in the picture below is not quite back in one piece yet. After mostly finishing my light house I sent her off to a coach builders for a little work, its seems there wasn't a single piece of metal work on the old girl that wasn't bent, rusted and bogged. Some of the previous 14 owners didn't seem to realize expanding foam covered in paint isn't usually considered a structural element, so repairs are taking a little longer than expected hence the need to take the Volvo. 
This time round instead of visiting light houses and using AA touring maps from the 90's I thought I'd try the NZ Craft Beer Map I found on the interweb.
Its doesn't seem to have a lot of roads marked and I'm not sure if it has stops in sensible locations, but I will report in on the odd craft beers I find on my way round the country along with the usual bakeries and fast food joints of note.

This year my faithful SSANZ sailing skipper Peter is coming with me, he's done quite a bit of sports management in the past so hopefully he knows where the stop overs are and who to talk to to get us out of any troubles we may get into out on the road.
Check back soon as more posts are coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment