Thursday 22 March 2012

Back in the big smoke

Quick comment on being compared with James May on Sallys blog. Probably fair enough, though my hair is as shorter these days to reduce the amount of grey hair on show and I can find my way around using a map. I actually said Chris Skinner was most like Clarkson but more like the stig in stature.

Disappointment yesterday, the craters of the moon were closed due to tree falls and track damage. No chance to get closer to my relatives as apparently they're all aliens and that's why I have so much electronic stuff at home to communicate with them.

We stopped in in tokoroa for lunch so was able to complete my survey of the three bakery/cafes on the main drag. Best pie goes to the bakehouse though they make the worst coffee.

Back in Auckland once again, the cats seem to remember who I am. Just as well as I've had to put up with the little parting gift that one left on the end of my bag to remind me of home.

Sally and Rob seem to have recovered from their start and are making good progress towards the front of the fleet.

Driving aroud with my dad has been a great wee holiday now I'm back home I can finally get to relax as I have no tired and disgruntled sailors to try and smooth the waters between.

Mr E. senior has an appointment this morning to have his temporary bridge finally replaced with the permanent titanium and porcelain version. Having another tooth break off at every meal  then trying to find dinners to extend the life of the remaining teeth has somewhat grown my waistline.


No comments:

Post a Comment