Tuesday 6 March 2012

Reliving my past

Once many years ago when I was younger and stupider as member of a (will remain) unnamed club I was involved with i went on a tour of all the universities in New Zealand.

Today I revisited some of the places we stopped at on the way round. All I can say is that my claim of being 2 years younger than my official age are true as I can definitely state that I didn't remember any of them. This is probably one of the major reasons I got thrown out of uni after my first 2 years there.

Comments on the West coast

Westport is a dump don't bother
Carters beach is remarkably good as was the food at the local pub/shop.
Greymouth has a big supermarket, big wharehouse and very strange locals. This time there was a sixty something year old six foot tall transsexual in front of me at the checkout of the wharehouse. The long grey baulding hair, $2 shop glasses, missing teeth in a Maroon dress created quite an impact

I must apologize for my previous rant about asian tourists and their driving it is actually Apex rentals who are at fault.  Having been stuck behind several Apex rental cars over the last few days I think that they alter the speedos on their vehicles so they grossly over read. Anyone driving one of their cars must think I am a speed demon with a super hotted up Mira as they seem to travel at 20km/hr slower than I think the speed limit is.



No comments:

Post a Comment